Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First day of school

Today was the first day of paramedic school. An easy day, as they go, with only 2 classes, running from 0800 till about 1200. Which is good, since my lazy ass took itself to the gym yesterday for the first time in about 4 months, which, in turn, led to some fairly incredible muscle soreness today, mainly from squats, but a little bit from the push-ups.

The good news is that my 0800 Tues/Thurs class is now mostly only on Thursdays. The bad news is that Wednesdays are my late nights, with class running till 8pm. I'm wishing he had opted to have classes on Tuesday, but I'll take what I can get. The other bad news is that I find myself behind the 8-ball as far as reading goes, thanks to a company that shipped the wrong book, and then forgot to ship the correct one after I called them to fix things. Good thing I read fast, eh?

The other good news, however, is that all loan issues have been straightened out, and while I still need to electronically sign things, once I do, the money will be in the system for the school, and all I need to do is contact the FA director, who said she would request the withdrawl of the late fee from my account. I'm not sure how good a 'request' from her is, but it's something.

In the meantime, today, I need to run some errands out, and then come home and read. Lots of reading. Lots and lots of reading.

No comments: