Sunday, April 18, 2010

A small light

I'm beginning to get excited. Only 2 more clinical shifts left for this semester. It's been fun, but I'm heartily tired of waking up at 0500 or earlier every damned morning, including weekends.

This weekends clinicals were relatively boring. A pseudo-busy shift at the hospital (you know the ones, where you are running around all day, but at the end of the day you look at your paperwork and say 'Wow, I hardly did anything today!') and 2 days at the same medic unit (a total of 24 hours) with only 3 calls. Luckily, I don't have to worry quite so much about patient contacts this semester, but it would be nice to get at least a little ahead of the game.

On the plus side, I cranked out the last 4 trauma homework assignments, finished my take-home test, and did almost all of my clinical paperwork yesterday and today. The only school work left is 2 papers, various tests (of course), a presentation, and the NREMT-I test. There are some other issues that I have to work out, which is it's own ranty post, so stay-tuned.

Paper due Thursday, paper due Monday, then a bit of a breather till May 12th. There is a small light at the end of the tunnel, for this semester at least.

No comments: